Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gina K Swap

Well, I don't know if we're allowed to post these on our blogs yet, but I'm putting it on here! I was just involved in a swap through Gina K. Designs and I luckily only had to make 6 cards! Whew! That was a piece of cake! Well.....until I had to decide what the heck my card was going to look like! I wanted to do black and white, but the creative juices were all dried up. So, I decided to go w/ color. I took a spin on the color wheel and came up w/ Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke and vanilla. And this is what came of that:


I really enjoyed making these! I was actually in the middle of revamping and reorganizing my room. Yes, Mom, I did throw stuff away!!!! I'm a pack rat! I think I'm going to use something someday, so I MUST keep it! And actually, I was ticked yesterday because I threw away all of my maps that I have collected over the years away (I LOVE geography and roadmaps) when I was reorganizing. Well, needless to say, yesterday I needed a map for the background of a card!!! So, I had to rip a page out of an atlas to use! Hey, whatever works, right???? So, anyway, I had half of these cards made, when I had to put everything aside and get this room moved around and organized. So, I finally finished them the next evening, and was SO excited at how they came out!!!! I hope the people that I swapped with like them as much as I like them! And my new favorite thing to work with? Microbeads!!!!!! LOVE them!!!! They are a pain in the butt to work with, but the look they give you is just incredible!!!!

Ok, recipe:

Stamps: Framed Flowers by Gina K. Designs
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, vanilla
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, versamark
Accessories: purple and vanilla ribbon, stapler, pop up dots, Kaleidescope e.p., Crystal Effects, microbeads, swirl cuttlebug folder

Thanks for stopping by! Come on back and see what's new!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!