Saturday, February 13, 2010

Is turquoise classy?

Hello there!  I'm on a roll today!  LOL!  This will be the last post of the day!  I'm already tired!  This darn cold!  I can't wait to be back to normal!

Anyway, Melissa Phillips has started a new inspiration challenge each week on her blog, and I FINALLY had some time to participate!  YEAY!!!!  And I'm so glad that I did it today because the color that I saw was turquoise!  I don't know if that's just the way it came across on my computer, but, I took it and ran w/ it!  And I gave myself a challenge too!  I have been wanting to try to make white roses.  Well, I think I may be on to something here!  I am SO excited about how this rose came out!  What do you think?????

This card is also based on a layout for Card Patterns this week!  Sketch 51!  I can't believe they're up to 51 already!!!!  Amazing how time flies!  Of course, I couldn't go w/ the exact sketch, I had to change it up a bit.  I really wanted to do something w/ sewing, based on the fabric in the picture on Melissa's blog.  So, I sewed each bead on.  It really didn't take too long!  I'm getting pretty handy w/ a needle!  Don't tell my husband though!  He'll start making me sew all kinds of stuff!  He already tried making me make new pillows w/ the new sewing machine I got for Christmas!  I just laughed at him!  Yeah right, like I'm going to work w/ actual fabric!  LMBO!  Ok, back on track now! 

Anyway, to make the rose, I only used two colors: Versamagic Wheat & Memento Desert Sand.  The recipe goes like this:  3: Desert Sand, 2: Wheat, 1: Wheat, 4: Desert Sand.  And I had a hard time getting it straight and lined up because these are very light colors, and my stamps are colored from their usage!  But, I got it pretty good this time!  The leaves are: 3: Versamagic Spanish Olive, 2: Memento Bamboo Leaves, 1: Bamboo Leaves stamped off.

And there you have it!


Have a STAMPTASTIC day!!!

12 comments:

  1. What a pretty card - thanks for playing at CP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy! Very pretty! This card is very elegant and I love how the flowers came out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant, looks like the rose if floating on the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love turquoise and your card is wonderful! love it...gorgeous, elegant....and CLASSY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes turquoise is classy, have you ever received a Tiffany Box?
    I nominated you for a blog award, if you want it you can pick it up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Your card is stunning. I love how you did the flower. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day.
    Deb Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just sweet and elegant....LOVE the softness and all of the details....wonderful job. Thanks for playing along.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very talented Erin! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is amazing, Erin!! Such beautiful and elegant! I love those yummy silver beads and that delicious lace. Takes my breath away. I've seen those Melissa Phillips inspiration challenges - her pictures are super inspiring. So glad you found them because that means that I get to enjoy your brilliant interpretations!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!