Saturday, April 17, 2010

Raining MFT

Tonight I have a quick card to share w/ you!  I had some time this evening to create something, so instead of packing for my monthly stamp get together w/ my favorite buddies, I made this card!  Oh well!  I always like to participate in the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenges.  Of course, the first Wednesday of each month there's a sketch (my favorite), and every month, I MISS THE SKETCH!  What the heck is WRONG with me?!  Maybe next month!  So, since I missed last week, I really wanted to do this week's!  The theme is April Showers!  We had to do one of the following:  Create a custom embellishment, Use Kim's layout (from her card), or do anything w/ April showers.  Well, my cloud was made by me.  I can't find a cloud to save my life, so I make my own!  That scallop punch cloud just doesn't cut it.  It's too scallopy!  I like puffy clouds, not mechanical clouds!  So, I made my cloud for this.  I actually made two, but one got ink on it!  I think though, that that was a good thing.  Too much cloud cover for this girlie!
This girlie was paper pieced (I love to do that w/ MFT stamps!) from my newest favorite stack by My Mind's Eye HOME.  I think I picked this up at Michael's.  The pages have glitter!  :D

All right, on to the card already!!!!  Jeez!  It's 11:30pm and here I am yakking it up!  (eye roll).

Isn't she just the cutest?!  And her little frog too!

Ok, here are the details:
Stamp set: MFT Rainy Day Friends
Paper: My Mind's Eye Home Stack; Tempting Turquoise; Pink Passion, Green Galore, white
Ink: Onyx Black; Sepia (E57), Warm Gray #3, Skin White (E00), Green Galore marker
Accessories:  Top Note die, Layer Ease, Word Window punch
Challenge requirements:  Used Rainy Day friends (having to do w/ April Showers) and made my own cloud!

Have a STAMPTASTIC day!  Hope it doesn't SNOW where you are!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hey there crafty gal! I love this! So cute! I am partial to frogs, so that little frog made it for me! :-)

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Erin! Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, this is so so cute! Just love it!Congratulations, your card is being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I am loving everything about this card! The colors, the layout, the ribbons and of course the stamp! You really rocked this challenge girl! Thanks for playing along again this week with MFT's WSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cute Erin. No wonder you made it as a favorite find. Congrats girlie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!