Hi there! I am LATE LATE LATE in sharing this project, but we went away for the weekend, and I FINALLY finished it!
This project was originally for the Altered Challenge on the eclectic Paperie blog last Thursday, by Micki! The challenge was to alter a box. A while ago, I purchased a set of 3 boxes. I set them on my bookshelf, just waiting for the right time to alter them! That time has come!
Here's a little tip about the challenge!
The Get Altered Challenge is about exploring your creative journey, about stepping outside of your comfort zone, experimenting with new products, and creating altered and mixed media art. We want to see your work and hear about your inspiration!
All of those who play along with our challenge will be entered into a prize drawing for a $15.00 gift certificate to the eclectic Paperie store.
So grab your supplies and play along! Here are a few things to keep in mind for this challenge…
- You do not have to use products sold in the eP store…but we do love it when you do!
- Share a direct link to your creation, not just your blog, using the Linky Tools feature at the end of this post. If, for any reason, the Linky Tools doesn’t cooperate, please add a link in the Comments section of the blog.
- When uploading to any online galleries, please use any of the following keywords; eP, eclectic Paperie or Get Altered Challenge. Link your creations to the eP blog.
- If you’d like to be considered as one of our featured projects and be entered into our prize drawing, please be sure to add your link before Midnight, Wednesday, October 23rd!
I am SO excited that Graphic 45 has come out with their Mother Goose line of papers and stamps and oodles of embellishments! And I am SUPER excited that eclectic Paperie is carrying this line! You can do SO many different things w/ this paper! It's amazing!
I have a Mother Goose book from when I was a child. The cover of the book looks like this:
I took the black and white around the edges and used that as a backgound per se, for the project.
Here's what I started with:
And here's the finished product:
And here are all 4 sides, plus the insides, of all 3 boxes! Lots of pictures!!!!
This is the inside of the first & smallest box.
Side 1 of the smallest box.
Side 2 of the smallest box.
Side 3 of the smallest box.
Side 4 of the smallest box.
Side 1 of the middle box.
Side 2 of the middle box.
Side 3 of the middle box.
Side 4 of the middle box.
Side 1 of the largest box.
Side 2 of the largest box.
Side 3 of the largest box.
Side 4 of the largest box.
Inside the middle box.
Inside the largest box.
So, how did I make this? Well, it all started with some black paint! I covered the entirety of all 3 boxes. Then, I started w/ the smallest and worked my way up from there. I only used the 8x8 and 12x12 Mother Goose stacks, along w/ some white cardstock.
The items that were created using white cardstock are:
all the squares that were used on the entire project
the fence behind the hay on the Little Boy Blue side
the paths on several different sides: Mary Mary Quite Contrary side, Mary Had A Little Lamb, the side w/ the two girls and the geese (I'm guessing Mother Goose?)
the tree branch on the Rock A Bye Baby side
the brown tops of the cattails on the side w/ the two girls and the geese
the clouds on various sides as well
To create the 3-D look to each side, I cut each image out w/ my exacto knife, and created a scene for each nursery rhyme. Yeah, some are quite boring, but others really are cool!
I used Walnut Stain and Tea Dye Distress Inks for all of the shading around all of the edges. I also used Gathered Twigs for the paths to make them look rocky and pebbly. For the fence, I swept the sponge applicator so that it created wood lines. I went back in w/ the Walnut Stain and Tea Dye to make it look more authentic.
I hope that this sparks your creativity!