Hi there! Today I would like to share with you a journal page that I created this morning! I started last night, and I ruined the page because I didn't let my inks dry completely. So, I started fresh this morning, and it just took on a new and exciting look! I'm glad I messed up last night! :D
One of the current trends is dripping on your canvases, scrapbook pages and journals. I had yet to try this, and thought that it would be cool here. When I sprayed all of the different colors initially, I thought that this could be a fun birthday themed page. Then, I did the dripping thing, and thought about when the party is over. You're a little sad when everyone leaves after having such a great time! Well, I always feel this way! LOL!
Here's how I made the page:
1. Prep your page w/ Matte Medium, and let it dry completely.
2. W/ several different ink sprays, spray a background, and before it dries, tilt your page up so that the colors drip.
3. Dry everything and spray a sealant so that the colors don't rub off as you're working. Let dry.
4. Taking black gesso and the Mini Tiny Circles stencil, apply in a random pattern on your page.
5. W/ my party decorations in the top L corner, I used Park Avenue Patterns from SU! w/ Onyx Black ink. I went back in w/ a silver gel pen to add contrast.
6. I flipped over my Mini Numbers Collage stencil and sprayed it w/ Black Marble Dylusions Spray. Then, I pressed it randomly on the page. This represents that this is a birthday celebration.
7. I stamped several balloons (ingredients below), and adhered them so it looks like they have lost air and are just dragging by this point.
8. I stamped the girl, and paper pieced her. Colored her w/ copics, and adhered her to the page and that's it!
Paper: Melissa Frances Hope Chest; white c/s
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine), Memento Black, black gesso
Orange balloon: 1. Canteloupe, 2. Tangelo, 3. Potter's Clay, 4. Morocco (all Memento)
Yellow balloon: 1. Squeezed Lemonade (T.H. Distress Ink), 2. Dandelion (Memento), 3. Canteloupe
(Memento), 4. Mustard Seed (T.H. Distress Ink)
Purple balloon: 1. Lulu Lavender, 2. Grape Jelly, 3. Elderberry (all Memento), 4. Imperial Purple
Blue balloon: 1. Summer Sky, 2. Danube Blue, 3. Majestic Blue (s.o.), 4. Paris Dusk (all Memento)
Red balloon: 1. Worn Lipstick, 2. Festive Berries, 3. Barn Door, 4. Fired Brick (all T.H. Distress Ink)
Pink balloon: 1. Spun Sugar (T.H. Distress Ink), 2. Angel Pink (2 x's) (Memento), 3. Picked
Raspberry (T.H. Distress Ink), 4. Rose Bud (Memento)
Green balloon: 1. Bundled Sage (T.H. Distress Ink), 2. Cottage Ivy (Memento), 3. Mowed Lawn,
4. Pine Needles (both T.H. Distress Ink)
Sprays used: Dirty Martini, London Blue, Bubblegum Pink, Pure Sunshine, Squeezed Orange, After
Midnight, Black Marble & Cherry Pie (all Dylusions sprays)
Copics used: E00 (face/skin); T1 & W-5 (skirt); Y32, E37, E57, & E49 (in that order) (hair)
Stamps: Riley (Prima); Bunch O' Balloons (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Park Avenue Patterns (SU!)
Here are the links to the products that I used:
Dylusions Ink Sprays - eclecticPaperie
T.H. Distress inks - eclecticPaperie
Riley stamp - eclecticPaperie
Bunch O' Balloons - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Memento Inks (various sizes) - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Versafine Inks - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Have a terrific day!