Saturday, August 31, 2013

Visiting Monticello

Hi there!  Wanted to share a scrapbook page that I made for a Swirlydoos challenge!  This one was by VickyA, using 2 new techniques that you've never used before!  This one page took about a week and a half to complete!  I had taken a Claudine Hellmuth class all about techniques, and one really grabbed me.  She created a crackle technique, but used Elmer's Glue and acrylic paint to create the crackle effect!  I couldn't wait to try it!  The other technique that I used, I came up w/ on my own.  I have never sprayed ink on a stencil, and then used it as a stamp.  So, those are my techniques!






















You can see the leaf stencil in the background.  The crackle technique is on the circle behind the pictures. 

Ingredients used:
Paper: Splash of Color Cotswolds Coll.; Core'dinations c/s, white c/s
Ink:  Dirty Martini Dylusions spray; Faber-Castell artist pen (to outline all of the leaves); acrylic glaze; Barn Door & Iced Spruce Distress Inks (Ranger)
Embellishments: Prima tiles, Prima packaging as backgrounds for pics; Prima Decorative Wood Embellishment; Prima Vintage Trinkets; corner rounder; Climbing Vines stencil (TCW); PTI Turning A New Leaf die

Thanks for stopping by!  It's a sunny day here!  I hope there's sun wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. Such art! Another beautiful technique! I think you should gather your works and became a part-time teacher at SSS in Butler!

    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!