Sunday, September 25, 2011

Swirlyhues First Storyboard Challenge!

Hi there!  Yes, it's been a while!  I have hit a creative funk, or brick wall, and have not really been crafty in quite some time.  This weekend, though, I think I finally pulled myself out of it!  I was invited to join a new group of some awesome and fun ladies that gather at Archivers in OH!  What a fun day that was!  I didn't want to bring cards to work on, so I brought all of my supplies to create a scrapbook page for Swirlydoos FIRST Swirlyhues Challenge!  Anyone can enter!  You don't have to be a subscriber!  Although, why wouldn't you?  The products in the kits are amazing!  I get excited every time I get my click 'n ship email notification!!!

Anyway, on to the scrapbook page!

The rules for this challenge:  Follow the color scheme, follow the sketch, and use a tutorial that is posted on their website.  The tutorial I used was Emboss Resist.  I embossed swirls on all of the strips of kraft paper.  Then I took my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and sprayed all over the strips.  And then I took my Smooch ink and highlighted the swirls. 

 This is the whole page!
 This is a shot of the emboss resist on the strips of paper.  For the swirls on the background paper, I cut out the swirl on another piece of paper, and laid it down and sprayed over top of it.  I took the paper away and then stamped the swirl on top of the ghost image.  I added Smooch to the little loops to add detail and contrast.
This is the bottom.  Lots of detail here!

Details:
Paper: Et Cetera Ledger - Bo Bunny; Kraft, So Saffron, Baja Breeze
Ink: Moonlight, Tattered Leather, Olive Vine, Gingerbread - all Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
      Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, & Brushed Corduroy - T.H. Ranger Distress Ink ~ All along the edges of each piece of paper
Embellishments:  French Flourish - wooden border at the bottom interlaced w/ assorted ribbon; UTEE, Versamark - embossing elements; brown brads; circle punch; Prima Flowers; Smooch ink - Turquoise; assorted flourish stamp; T.H. Distressing Tool; Zva Creatives rhinestone flourish; Turning a New Leaf die - PTI

3 comments:

  1. Erin, That is a BEAUTIFUL page! But you will never get all your scrapbooking done putting that much time into it! It looks more like ART!!!!!
    Love it! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....way to come out of the funk---with that amazing page. LOVE all the detail...a work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!