Friday, August 24, 2012

An Apple for the Teacher

Hi!  Today I would like to share with you a project that I made for the teachers at my daughter's Kindergarten Center!  I am on the PTO this year, and we wanted to welcome back the teachers in grand style!  Another board member baked beautiful cookies in the shape of sharpened pencils!  If only I could bake like that!  Wow!
Since I'm handier working with paper, I decided to try my hand at making the apple shown on this page:  SVG CUTS.

Here are my apples!








We were able to fit 2 K-Cups in each one for the teachers!  They were surprised that the apples even opened!  And then were more surprised by the gifts inside!

The paper used was Ridinghood Red, Garden Green and Handsome Hunter from SU!.  Once the panels were cut w/ the cricut, I embossed half of them w/ the Numbers embossing folder.  The ruler is from Kitchen Sink Stamps' School Days.  I stamped the ruler 3 times in a row w/ Summer Sun for the first layer, Crushed Curry for the second layer and Onyx Black for the third layer.

I used straw for the outside middle, and twine from My Favorite Things.  The tags are layered punches from SU!.  Probably retired by now!  Or changed!  I think that about covers it!  Oh, the A+ and the crayons are from a TPC Studio Teacher set.

Have a terrific school year!!!!

1 comment:

  1. these turned out super adorable! i LOVE them! i'm on the PAC at our school this year too! sending best wishes for a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!