Thursday, December 5, 2013

Celebrate with a wine tag!

























Hello everyone!  Today I am joining my fellow eP Design Team for our monthly Get Altered Challenge!  This month, the lovely Sue, is our host, and she challenged us to alter a bottle!

I, unfortunately, don't have any empty bottles to alter (much to my dismay).  However, my friend just celebrated her 40th birthday, and she's a wine lover.  So, I created a Wine Tag for a bottle of wine that I will give her the next time our group of friends gets together!













































So, how did I create this tag?!  Let me share!!!!

The first thing I did was take a piece of 12" x 12" craft, and cut a 2" strip.  Then, I folded the top over so that it could be reinforced and would prevent damage when hanging on the neck of the bottle.  I punched a 1 1/4" circle for the hole (which fits perfectly!).  Then, I started to get crafty!

I painted some gesso for a base.  Then, I took my Climbing Vine stencil, sprayed it with Dirty Martini Dylusions spray, and then stamped it onto the tag.  Then, I took my Wall Flowers stencil, and w/ Lavender, Guava and Banana Gelatos, I created the flowers.  I sprayed the entire tag w/ water, and then used a paint brush to spread out the gelatinous medium to look smoother and less like a crayon!

I took the Mini Chicken Wire stencil (My all-time favorite stencil on earth!), and using a Silver Gelato, I added some texture and detail randomly.

I took a Recollections numbers stamp set and stamped the 4 and 0 w/ Milled Lavender Distress Ink.  I cut it out, and then created a shadow layer out of the scrap Kraft c/s that was left over from cutting the tag.  I sponged the whole tag and numbers w/ Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I added some flowers from Prima and Petaloo, and cut out some cupcakes from Authentique's Wishes stack.  I added a rhinestone swirl for some glitz, and some lace to complete the tag!

Can't wait to see what everyone creates for this!  Link up on the eP blog!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!