Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ice Cream Wishes and Caviar Dreams


This card is another two-fer! I love it when I can kill two birds w/ one stone! This is for the ABC Toys and Crafts Design Team Blog and it's for my friend's birthday. Which was in July! Yeah, I'm a month behind! I am SO bad!!!! Oh well! Better late than never, I always say! And that was one of my New Years Resolutions too! To get birthday cards out on time! Well, that was before I had Elizabeth. So, I'll just blame her on my lack of craft time! Poor girl! Getting all the blame! Hahaha!
Ok, back to the card! This ice cream cone is from My Cute Stamps, from the Sweet Chocolate set. SUPER CUTE!!!! You should seriously check it out! The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations from SU!. The swirl on the inside is from Inkadinkado clear stamps. I'm not sure what the name of the set is. It has birthday stuff in it. I was originally going to use the sentiment from that set on the card, but I remembered the one I ended up using.
I put the top layer through the cuttlebug w/ the D'vine Swirl folder. Then when I put all the panels on, and thought that the rest of the card looked boring. So, I took the card base and scored it w/ a diagonal grid to mimic the ice cream cone cross hatches. I did reverse embossing so that the layers would lay flat on the card base.
To decorate the front of the card, I added Pink Pirouette ribbon and pinched the ribbon on the end so that the rhinestone brad would fit around it and through the paper (hole punched). I thought this would be a neat way to add a little detail! I also added Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds to the ice cream to make them a little more realistic. I colored the cones w/Copics to try and get some dimensional shading. Did it work?
Now til the end of August...which is coming up!!!!!, you can purchase ANYTHING in the store and it's all 10% off!!!! Yes, you heard me right, EVERYTHING IS 10% off! So, get over there and check out what cool stuff Julie has!!!! http://www.abctoysandcrafts.net/servlet/StoreFront
All right, well, off to clean up my desk!
Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. This is so yummy, I love all of the embossing & glitter. It really does look yummy enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute, Erin! Love how you added that yummy glitter to the ice cream and the swirly background is just perfect for this image. Adorable, as always, cute girl!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!