Saturday, January 10, 2015

Happy 2015!

Hi there!  I feel like a stranger to my own blog!  It's been so long since I've posted anything!  I'm hoping that with the birth of my 4th child, I will now have my creativity back and I can create again!  It's almost like I had to take a sabbatical from crafting!

Today I wanted to share with you a little gift that I made for my cousin for hosting our annual Christmas family gathering.  She invites Santa to come and hand out gifts, she makes all the food, and it's just a wonderful evening celebrating Christmas with family and friends!

I had stopped in at Scrapbook Station, where I work, and picked up a Prima birdhouse only because it caught my eye!  When I got home, I decided to make it a Christmas themed birdhouse and give it away as a gift!

This is from the Prima site:


















And here's my finished product!
























































































































The snow is Fiber Paste that I put on w/ a spatula.  The wreath that I hung inside is also fiber paste that I sprayed green and then added red flower soft for the berries because I couldn't find any beads small enough to work!
The cardinal on the top is colored w/ my Copics.  I cut a rug out of fabric from my stash and adhered w/ red line tape.
There really aren't lights inside!  It's just awesome paper that I found!!!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!