Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Wedding Keepsake

Hi!  Today I would like to share w/ you a keepsake that I made for my brother and his new wife for their wedding.  I was given a brass clock from my parents that no longer worked.  I knew I could transform it into something spectacular, I just had to wait for the right moment!  That moment came the week before my brother's wedding.  I was sorting through my alterable (hoarded) items like pickle jars and cardboard, and unearthed the clock.  I instantly knew what I was going to do with it!

I wound it to the time that the ceremony would start, 2:30pm.  Then, I started decorating it!
I wasn't sure what color it was going to end up being, so I gesso'd it.  Then, I sprayed it w/ metallic sprays from Tim Holtz's Distress line.  Some of the gesso didn't take to the brass, so I ended up sanding some of the other edges to make it look like it was done on purpose!  Haha!  It gives a distressed, old look, which was what I was going for anyway, so it worked out! :D  Love when that happens!

The wedding colors were pink, gold and silver, so I incorporated those colors w/ the flowers.  My mom had picked up rings to use on pumpkins for the rehearsal luncheon centerpieces.  I took two of them and added them to the top.  Added the lace and that was it!  Some pearls to finish it off elegantly, and called it done!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!