Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jack's First Day of First Grade!

Hi there!  Today I am sharing a scrapbook page that I made for the Swirlydoos' Ultimate Design Challenge Week 2!  I made it through Week 1!  Whew!  Cross your fingers I can make it through another week!!!

This past weekend, I scrapbooked at a scrapbooking fundraiser.  As I was perusing through my photos for what I would work on, I found pictures of Jack's first day of First Grade!  I thought that if I made it through, I would do something w/ these pics this week!  So, here you have it!

The challenge called for paper layering.  I think I have 11 layers here...
Ok, let's dissect the page:

 I chose the best picture out of the bunch and worked around that.  I chose Kraft 12"x12" cardstock to be the bottommost layer and sponged w/ Walnut Stain Distress Ink and distressed it w/ my Tim Holtz Distresser.  Then, a boy type sheet that I trimmed the edges and distressed.  I took a piece of black Core'dinations 12"x12" c/s that I cut into a shape.  I trimmed out about an inch and sewed on the zipper.  Yes, I actually sewed!  It's straight too!  Wahoo!

Ok, here's a closeup of the bottom half.  The numbers are from Mini Numbers Collage from The Crafter's Workshop (found at eclecticPaperie.com) I laid the template down at an angle and painted the modeling paste over it in several layers.  I lifted the template and let the paste dry.  Once it was dry, I rubbed different colors of Gelatos over it to add some interest and detail.  All white is just blah!
The library card and Learn cards are from my stash.  The ruler is from Swirlydoos (a past kit), and I sanded off the black writing that was on there.  I had Jack write his name, and right now he has a number attached to him for school purposes!  I covered it w/ Clear Glaze so that the ink won't ever come off!  His handwriting now is the same as it was last year!  Still messy!  Hahaha!

I added a paper ruler the length across the page from a past kit.  And then the panel w/ the kids in school is from Graphic 45's An ABC Primer.  The little school house on the right is a file that I put together from svgcuts.com called Miss Baker's Classroom.  As you can see in the pic below, it's a card!


I think that's it!  Thanks for stopping by!

Ingredients:
Paper: Kraft 12"x12" c/s (Stampin' Up!);
           World paper: 12" Weekend Market Around the World by Bo Bunny
           Black Core'dinations c/s 12"x12"
           Cherry Cobbler, Baja Blue, Garden Green, Basic Black (all SU!)
           Graphic 45's An ABC Primer
           12" Weekend Market Rulers by Bo Bunny
           Learn Bingo Card & Library Card (assorted stash)
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger)
Embellishments: Cranberry Spray (Swirlydoos) (Prima?)
                         Black Pearl Swirl (Swirlydoos)
                         Scrabble letters (assorted)
                         Kaisercraft Black Pearls
                         Modeling Paste (Swirlydoos)
                         Numbers Template (The Crafter's Workshop) (eclecticPaperie)
                         zippers (Swirlydoos)
                         ruler (Swirlydoos)
                         chalk
                         Clear Glaze (Swirlydoos)
                         Miss Baker's Classroom (svgcuts.com)
                         Notebook punch (SU!)
                         Gelatos (lots of colors!) (Swirlydoos & eclecticPaperie)

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!