Sunday, February 3, 2013

A page done by mistake!

Hi there!  Today I would like to share w/ you a page that I made by mistake!  I thought that I had signed up for a Swirlydoos Round Robin Scrapbook Layout challenge, but I only signed up for the card challenge!  HELLO!  Clearly, I have too much on my mind if I can't remember what the heck I signed up for!  OMG!

So, anyway, now Elizabeth has 2 pages done for her scrapbook!  Whoo hoo!



So, how did I make this page?  Well, the actual challenge called for pairs, or even numbered elements.  I've been doing 1 picture pages, so this was a challenge all in itself having to use 2 pictures! 
So, I took the main paper layer and laid a swirly template over it and painted modeling paste all over it w/ my finger.  I let it dry, and then took a green gelato and water and a paint brush and painted the swirls that looked like stems.  Then I took the Guava gelato and colored right on the flowers.  I took a wet paintbrush and made sure to cover all of each flower.  All of the little dots that were a part of the template, I have covered w/ pearls.

I added two borders, and two pieces per border.  Burlap and lace, and then lace and some pink stuff that I received in a kit a while ago.  The Summer Sun yellow flowers are carnations from svg.cuts.  It's from 3D Flowers Kit Part II.  I sprayed the petals w/ Yellow Smooch Spray and Gold Lame` Heidi Swapp spray.  Then I just assembled them.  The leaves are from My Favorite Things.  I sprayed them w/ green Distress spray from Tattered Angels and the Gold Lame`.  All of the other flowers are from my Swirly stash.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - I can't believe that Elizabeth has gotten so big!! Where does the time go?!! This layout is awesome Erin. I was reading how you did it and I am in awe! Modeling paste? Oh my gosh - so cool!! I love seeing your creativity blossom with this new team, Erin - I've missed you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!