Sunday, May 12, 2013

Peeled String

Today I am showing you my abstract side!

It's rather hard for me to create simple pieces.  Take my scrapbook pages for example.  I love to make them 3-D.  Same with my cards!  It's so hard to mail them!  Haha!

So, when I started working on this canvas, and especially when I told myself it was done, it was SO hard to walk away!!!!  I feel like it needs more!

I was at Michaels today, and I wandered back to the art section (my newest favorite part of the store!), and I found String Gel!  It acts like honey when poured gently!  I bought it and couldn't wait to get it home to try it out!

Well, when I painted my canvas with clear gesso, I knew I wanted to incorporate the String Gel in some way.  I started with a few stencils and Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads. Then, I wasn't happy with it, so I took a baby wipe and swiped it to blur everything.  Ok, liked the look, time to add the String Gel!

I grabbed a knife and after gathering a heap, I let it drip off of the knife while moving it across the page.  I continued doing this until I was satisfied with the drippings.  I let it dry (with the help of my embossing gun!  Can we say impatient?!), and actually took a nap (we had to get up super early to go to church this morning w/ my MIL).  Once it was dry, I sponged more Forest Moss Distress Ink over the entire canvas.

Then, I started to peel the String Gel off.  I used my exacto knife, and then after a while, I just used my nails and scraped it off.  That was a whole lot quicker!

I looked at it, and decided it need a LITTLE bit of color.  So, I used my Hexagon stencil from eclectic Paperie, with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.  I took another baby wipe and swiped the corners a bit to make that blur, and then I was done!

What do you think?  Abstract enough?!  LOL!






















Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!