Sunday, May 12, 2013

Spread Your Wings!

Hi!  Today I would like to share with you a journal page that I finished creating earlier this weekend!  I am currently taking an online art class, and I wanted to participate again (life has been a bit crazy, so I haven't been able to participate much!).  I started laying paper down, and not really paying attention to what was on the paper.  Turns out, I was actually creating a theme!  Wings!  As you can see below, there is a plane, and fairies on my page.  As I was looking around my craft room, I spied some Paper Clay that I had purchased for the class, but hadn't opened yet, and tore into it!  I have some ideas on what I can create with this, but I'm going to work slowly towards sculpting.  I decided, after several failed attempts, to just make wings! 

I created the wings, and then, waited....and waited....and waited some more, for the clay to dry!  Finally, I couldn't wait any longer!!!!  I sprayed them w/ purple smooch spray.  Then, I took Black Gesso and filled in the creases that I made with a pencil point when I was initially creating the wings.  I painted some pink polka dots for flair.  Then, I took Glass Bead Gel and liberally painted on them to create some bubbly texture.  Then, I took Gloss Gel and painted that on top of the Glass Bead Gel.  Once it was dry, I glued them to the page!





















 This is the page in its entirety.

To create the page, here are the steps I took:
1.  Choose and adhere your paper pieces.
2.  Mix White Gesso with water until desired lucidity and consistency, and paint over entire page.
3.  Take a baby wipe (or alcohol on a towel) and wipe away the gesso what you really want to have emerged.
4.  With acrylic paint and a stencil, start painting.  Take a Copic and create the 3-D effect. Highlight with Pitt Faber-Castell Black Pen.
5.  With a white gel pen, create highlights.
6.  Create wings with Paper Clay, and let dry.  Paint and adhere to page.

Here is a close up of the top of the page:
 Here's a close up of the bottom of the page:

















Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!