Monday, September 9, 2013

The Lighthouse

Hi there!  Today I would like to share with you a card that I made for a friend of mine.  He and his wife are in my church Renew group, and I have grown fond of them, along w/ everyone else in my group!  I will be sad when this program is over!  Anyway, he had double bypass surgery recently, and I wanted to send them a card to let them know that I am thinking about them.  I don't often do this, but when the mood strikes, I get it done.  Plus, I was inspired by the Kitchen Sink Stamps Lighthouse set that I received last week!  I wanted to play around with it!

I found that if I inked each part of the lighthouse separately, I could maximize the colors and make it look more realistic!
































Here's how I created the scene:
First, I played around w/ color recipes just trying different colors together to see what would work with what.
Ok, once I got that nailed down, I started stamping in their colors, and after stamping a couple lighthouses, I figured out that if I inked just the lighthouse, then inked just the little house, and then inked just the grass, I could get a more realistic look!  So, that's what I did here!  For the ocean, I used a sponge to make it choppy.  To the right of the card, kind of behind the rock, I actually made a mistake, so to cover it up a bit, I added a lot of Frost White ink to make it look like waves were crashing like crazy on that side of the island!  Was I successful?!
To create the sky, I sponged that too.  I cut out a mask of the lighthouse (one of my practice ones!), and used that as a mask.

Here's the color recipe:
1.  Lighthouse, house: Desert Sand; Grass: Peeled Paint
2.  Lighthouse: Stormy Sky; House: Gathered Twigs (s.o.); Grass: Mowed Lawn
3.  Lighthouse: Faded Jeans; House: Walnut Stain; Grass: Pine Needles
4.  Lighthouse: Chipped Sapphire; House: Pearlescent Chocolate; Grass: Olympia Green

Rock:
1: Toffee Crunch
2: Pearlescent Chocolate
3: Rich Cocoa
4: Onyx Black

Desert Sand, Toffee Crunch, Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky, Gathered Twigs, Mowed Lawn, Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain, Pine Needles, &
Chipped Sapphire (Ranger)
Olympia Green, Onyx Black (Versafine)
Pearlescent Chocolate (Brilliance)

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!