Thursday, January 23, 2014

My MI Swirly Girls Gathering Creations

Hi there!  Today I FINALLY took time to take pictures of my layouts and projects that I created while away this last weekend scrapbooking in MI w/ some of my Swirlydoos friends!  I only had met my friend Adriana Templeton, who is on the eclectic Paperie design team w/ me, in real life last fall when I invited her on a scrapbooking weekend in West Virginia!  What fun we had!  Anyway, this past weekend, I met some more Swirly girls that I chat w/ occasionally on the forums and 2 more that I just knew from the forums.  The most wonderful part of this weekend was that we all scrapped the same way!  No Creative Memories crap to be found!!!!  Call me a snob, but it is what it is!  I learned to scrap the Swirlydoos way, which is gaining fame everywhere I look, which is incredible!, and LOVE that I only need ONE picture to create a complete layout and along w/ embellishments, it becomes a stunning page!  I was in GREAT company this weekend!  I wish the weekend didn't have to end!  But, reality has to step in at some point and we all had to go back to our normal lives.  :(
I was really motivated this weekend and ended up making 5 layouts and 2 projects!  I taught an Inky Fingers class at Scrapbook Station this past Monday, and the main focus was Studio 490's Embossing Paste!  I actually got all of my pastes from eclectic Paperie, so I worked w/ the different colors on all of my creations.

Take a look!






















To create this page, I started w/ a 7 Dots paper.  ( I have no idea which one it is!)  I sprayed it w/ Leather Tattered Angels spray.  Then, I went a little crazy w/ the texture!  I smeared some white embossing paste along the L side, and adhered a small lace doily.  I added more paste, and then sprayed w/ Dylusions Sprays.  I added some silver paste to the page w/ Tim Holtz's Honeycomb stencil.  Oh, and I added some drywall tape on the horizontal panel, smeared some white paste, sprayed w/ Dylusions, and then peeled off the tape.  I love that it took off some of the paper!!!!

I added the picture and embellishments, and that's it!

















This is my least favorite textured page.  I love the picture, obviously, but the textures aren't really present in this page.  That's ok!
I used 7 Dots again for this page.  I used circle stencils and translucent embossing paste.  I got the shell at Jo's in the clearance section!  The clear buttons are from SU!.


















This is the first page that I created this weekend.  It's fairly simple, with not a lot of height and dimension.  That's ok too!  I wanted to show off my fussy cutting w/ this paper!  I have no idea what paper I used.  It might be Bo Bunny, but I'm not entirely sure!

I used a bowl to cut out the circle layer.  I used Andie's large leafy flourish dies, and then I cut out the flowers w/ my exacto knife!  I added drywall tape, watered down white gesso, and gold embossing paste to the gate behind the picture.  added some lace and gold paper and my first page was done!





























To create these pages, I used Bo Bunny's latest Winter pages.  I LOVE this paper!!!!  I am going to have to replenish before we run out of it!
I created my own large label shapes from a cutout I have in my stash.  The fence was chipboard from Blue Fern Studios.  I cut it to mirror each other and sprayed w/ Slate Tattered Angels spray.  Then, I applied the white embossing paste onto each fence to make it look like snow.  I smeared some along the bottoms of the pages as well as the tops of each picture to mimic snow piling up.

I'll have my HOPE project in my next post!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!