Friday, January 10, 2014

PEACE

Hi there!  Today I would like to share a project that I created for one of the Swirlydoos challenges this month, to create a project using one word.  More points if we DON'T create a layout!

I got my thinking cap on, and suddenly remembered my goal that I have this year, to be at peace, especially when I drive on the roads.  I'm pretty impatient, and when people aren't driving as fast as I want them to, or are just annoying to me, I tend to fill up with rage.  And then my blood pressure skyrockets, and then I'm exhausted before I get to wherever I'm going!  Not good and not healthy. 

After praying about it and trying to figure out how to NOT be that way, I decided that as soon as I start to get hot, to just calm down immediately and think peaceful thoughts.  It's actually working!  YAY!  I'm a happier person when this happens too, so the results are positive!  :D

Ok, where am I going with this?  I decided to create a cross that I will hang somewhere in my car that I will see when I'm getting annoyed, or annoying others, a.k.a my husband! Ha!  Here's what I created!






















The cross itself is made from 2 manilla tags.  I reinforced the main part of the cross by cutting a third piece of a manilla tag and gluing it to the bag.  That's why it can stand so tall without wanting to lean!


















I used a stencil for the main letters, but then, I drew the halos around each letter myself.  I cut them out from Xpress it cardstock and then colored them with copics.  I used the dot technique that I found in a copic technique book.  I wanted the letters to be light where the halos hung, and then gradually go to stone.  The dot technique seemed to work the best to achieve this look.  I wanted the letters to look like stone, but softer.













Ingredients:
Paper: manilla tags, Mother Nature paper (2 types), Xpress It Cardstock
Ink: Y17, Y13, Y35, Y32, O, C1, C2, C3; Metallic Gold Embossing Paste
Embellishments and Other Things:  Chalkboard Letters Stencil, Resin crown, Swallows dies (Amuse);
Fancy Flourish (MFT); gold elastic ribbon (from a Christmas gift)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful, Erin!! I had no idea that you were a blogger, too!!! Well ... I should hardly call myself that these days - - it's been forever and a DAY since I wrote a post. Anyways - - just love your little spot here on the web. So nice to see a fellow artist & local gal be part of our global community! Now, I'll have to grab a cup of coffee in the morning and take a stroll through :)

    Blessings to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!