Sunday, October 26, 2008

VSN MINI!

Last night was VSN MINI on Splitcoast, and what fun we had! If you haven't had a chance to participate, you still have until Nov. 9th to get stampin'! So get to it!!!!


One of the challenges was Moulin Rouge! There are several dresses that Nicole Kidman wore in the movie, that you could fashion your card after. I chose to make a purse, instead! If you know me, you would know that I am a rebel and can't do the same thing that everyone else is doing. And apparently that goes into all of my creations as well!


To make this purse, I ran a piece of choc. chip cardstock through my cuttlebug with the largest scallop circle nestibility, and then ran it through again w/ a paisley folder. I glued rhinestones on all the scallops, and attached some choc. ribbon to make the strap. Then, I took a very thin paintbrush and applied bleach in all the valleys of the paisley pattern. Here's the dress I was going after when designing this purse. The scallops and rhinestones are supposed to be the headdress she wore.
This card was made for my friend Karolyn's (SCS - Garkarlon) challenge: Emerging Color. Well, I technically did it right, but it doesn't look right, so I'm going to try this again! I stamped my sentiment onto acetate and adhered it behind the old olive oval.

This fabulous Christmas decoration was made for the scraps challenge. I made this one last, and I almost didn't make it! Gasp! Me, not do a challenge! So, I just used the fabric from a card below, as well as fluffy trim that I used for Christmas bags from last year (I bought too much! So glad I did! I knew I would find a use for it!) I punched leaves from Martha's leaf punch, added some berriers, and some lace, and wha la! The hat pin doesn't really match, but I don't have the Pretties Kit yet, so this has to suffice until I get it! The idea for the layout is from the accordian card from another challenge below!

This card was made as a two-fer! 1. For my cousin. 2. Another challenge! This one is like an onion. Or like Shrek! It has lots of layers! 5 to be exact! The last layer is acetate (I know, I cheated!) ;)

And this frame is another two-fer! 1. My friend who, after years and years of trying, is pregnant with a little boy! Woo hoo! So, I wanted to make her something personalized, and what better way than a frame! I LOVE to decorate frames! I wish I could make more! and 2. The challenge was to decorate your "star". Well, the star that will go in this picture is still developing his good looks! ;)
This card was made for a challenge where we made accordian cards! Very cool technique! Once I saw the tutorial, I was no longer intimidated! Piece of cake!!!! This paper is from The Rockstar stack, and the top layer actually is the star paper below it, just turned over. Then I colored in the paper w/ pencil so that the embossed stars came out. I just wrote the sentiment, thinking along the lines with the High School stack with handwritten doodling. I guess it works?!

And last, but certainly not least! My 20's flapper dress! The challenge was to make a card using fringe, feathers, or a boa. I had to be different, and decided to make an actual dress! I used fluffy trim for fringe on the bottom. I strung some pearls for a long necklace with wire. I also added metallic pearls as a detail for the fluffy trim!
Thanks for stamping by!
And get over to Splitcoast and do those challenges!!!!
They will inspire you to create something beautiful!
Happy Stamping!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh erin these are sooo creative and cute each one I scrolled down on I think my mouth dropped futher and further to the floor! O.K. I will be checking you out all the time!

    Great Creations (Stampations :-) )girl!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!