Monday, February 9, 2009

Early Valentine card



I thought I would start getting on the ball a little early this year, as that is one of my New Year's Resolutions. Be on time for birthdays and holidays! It's not like I don't know when these things come up! I'm fully aware! So, hopefully I can be on time from now on! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
This card was made for my mom from my kids for Valentine's Day. It started as a totally different layout, but when I couldn't fit 3 roses in a row in the center, I had to improvise and rearrange my layout in my head. I think I like this layout better! The other one would have been boring and more of the same of what I have already made. I'm trying to put more stuff on my cards and make them interesting. And I recently subscribed to a blog, Pickled Paper Designs, where Amy Sheffer designs on the insides of cards. I think I may have mentioned this in a previous post. But, that's my new goal, to not forget the inside of the card! It's just as important as the outside! If not more so, because that is where we write our heartfelt message. Why not dress up that message?!
Elements of the card: The sentiment is from a Valentine set that my friend Mandy gave away, the roses are from Kitchen Sink Stamps, and I just stamped in Pink Pirouette and Robinhood Red and stamped off less and less for each layer. The heart is from a template I found on a challenge last January for a Technique Lover's challenge on Splitcoast. The hat pin with jewels is from JoAnn's as a vintage embellishment package. The rhinestones were found at Archiver's.
On the inside: Oh, on the outside and the inside, the scalloped circle and the circle inside of it are Nestabilities. The heart on the inside is from the same heart template. I have no idea where I acquired my heart brads. They are definitely cute, though, aren't they!
The paper that I used is Pink Pirouette designer series paper, and Bella Rose designer paper, vanilla, white, and pink pirouette c/s. I sponged the edges of everything in Robinhood Red. I think that's the one constant thing about my creations. Everything is sponged on the edge to give it that completed look. Oh, and on the bottom on the inside I used my new threading water punch! I bought it yesterday at Michael's, and was so excited to use it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this first card! I love that ...pin. Is it a hat pin, is that what there called? Anyway - great work as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!