Monday, April 18, 2011

Decades Swap

Hi!  Today I have a few cards to share w/ you.  I am participating in a decades swap, and I just wanted to share w/ you 3 out of 5 cards that I have completed so far.  I still have two decades to go!

Here we are w/ the Roaring 20's!  What works better than those fab Flapper Doodles from My Favorite Things?!


And how can you resist this?!  I went online to search fads, styles, culture for each decade.  For the 50's, I found blue polka dot everywhere!  I am using an image from a Crafty Secrets set.  Did a little paper piercing, but kept it simple.  This is also a layout from Card Patterns, but I didn't get my entry in on time.  Oh well!

 

 And this bathing beauty is a tribute to the 60's.  I'm sure you're sitting there thinking, HUH?!  Let me explain.  When I think about the 60's, I think about The Beach Boys.  They are my all time favorite band, EVER!  So, why not incorporate that into my creation?  So, I went through some of their songs on my playlists, and California Girls popped up.  I thought, now that would be perfect w/ this MFT set, Catch Some Rays.  So, I played around w/ the layout and different stamps, and this is what the finished product looks like. 

For the Birthday and Girl circles, I used MFT's newest stamp set Typeset Alphabet.  I took the letters and formed them into a circle on my block, lining it up w/ a nestie that I was going to use, and inked it right up.  Perfect!  So, just another versatile way to use an alphabet set!
 That's all folks!  Once I complete the other two decades, I'll share them here as well.

OH!  And I'm participating in the latest VSN (Virtual Stamp Night)!  Come and join us!  It's April 29th for the mini (kind of like an appetizer) and then May 20th and 21st for the main event!  The theme is Pirates!  And NOT the Pittsburgh Pirates either!  LOL!  It all takes place over on www.splitcoaststampers.com in the VSN thread!  I'll be there cheering everyone on!!!!  Come and hang out!  If you don't know what you do there, here's the details:  On April 29th for example, the evening festivities would start at say 6pm.  So, they post a challenge at 6 and you have 45 minutes to complete the challenge, using only what you have available.  (There will be a list of any product that you might need than you may not have).  Then, you post it, and at 7pm, another challenge is posted, you have 45 minutes to complete the challenge, post it, and then another challenge.  One right after another.  Til like 11pm.  I think that would be the last one. 

Anyway, if you're interested, go HERE to check it out!  Hope to see you scallywags there!  We'll all be on deck fer a swashbucklin' good time!  Aaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!