Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Olivia's Flopsey Book

The cover!

This is page 1. I used Punny Farm and Gardener Flopsey.
I wanted Flopsey to go the other way, so I stamped him on
Vellum and then flipped him over and colored him!

This is page 2. This is another one of my favorite pages! I wanted
to use Good Knight, but everything is the same size! So, I bought some
Shrinky Dink paper and made the knights and dragons little so they are
like little toys!
This is page 3. 3, 2, 1; Ready or Not, Here I Come! Flopsey
is playing hide and seek! I paired Flopsey Flowers w/ Let's
Hear It For the Boys. I drew the floor to make it look real.
This is page 4. I love using Going Places! It's so versatile!
I used Gardener Flopsey and instead of carrots, he's carting
suitcases!

This is page 5. I wanted to do a Peter Rabbit type page,
and when I picked up Can Ya Dig It, I knew this would be
the perfect page! The flowers are from Build A Bouquet.
This is page 6. This is my favorite page! I used Gardener
Flopsey and Ben Paper Dolls. The moon gems are stickled.
And I drew the flag and Flopsey's helmet.

This is page 7. Who doesn't like ice cream? This set is Here's the

Scoop w/ Flopsey Flowers.


This is page 8. I was looking at the set It's A Jungle Out There,
and thought about different ways I could use the set. Why not a circus?


This is page 9 and I am using the new Birthday Flopsey!
Isn't he cute??!!! The balloons are from Icing on the Cake (older).

This is the last page in the book! I used Thomas Kincaid
background paper, and the new set Owls and Bluebells by MFT.



This book was made for my daughter, and also for the MFT Idol Judges category contest. The Idols have been making fabulous projects each week, and I wanted to stand out a little among the judges w/ a project of my own! So, here it is! I did pick the worst weekend to work on such a project though! My birthday weekend as well as Mother's Day! Hello! Oh well, I finished it, and I don't want to give it to my daughter!!!! She's 2 1/2, and I know she'll ruin it. Maybe I'll just supervise her looking at it so nothing gets ripped apart!


When making this, I used several cardboard coasters found at my local restaurants as the backing in between the pages. I tried to make Flopsey look the same in each page to continue a theme, with the Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol spirits; however sometimes I just had to use my markers! Two new MFT sets made it into my book too! Good thing I was busy this weekend! Owls and Bluebells (the last page of my book), and Birthday Flopsey (the second to last page of my book).


Happy Reading!

Happy Stamping!!!

7 comments:

  1. That is very cute, give it to Olivia..... LOL Of course she will rip it up! That is what they do!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love making presents for my kids too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Awesome project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh that is so ADORABLE!! so much love went into all these little pages and flopsey surely is the star :) love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin, I have awarded a kinship award to you, please visit my blog for more details, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving those lovely comments.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww my poor livvy bean! give her the bunny book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!