Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Howdy Pardner!





Howdy folks! Today is western day! Didn't you get the memo?! This stamp set, Little Cowboy, from AiFactory is this week's challenge set! If you create a card, scrapbook page, whatever, and submit it, you could win the whole set for free!!!! Go HERE for all the details!

So, to talk about the card: These images are all digital! And you know what? They are SUPER easy to use! Another nice thing about digital stamps is that you can make an image ANY SIZE YOU WANT!!!!! Oftentimes when I'm stamping, I wish I could make an image smaller or larger. Well, w/ digital stamps, you have that option! Print your images on your favorite cardstock, and you're ready to craft! I put two copies of the cactus on 1 page, and made one bigger than the other. Once I colored them, I cut them out. Yes, spikes and all! I was on the phone, so the time went very quickly! If you're a regular to my blog, you know that my exacto knife is my favorite tool of all time! ;)

The little cowboy is just so sweet! I enjoyed coloring him and making him come to life! I drew a paisley pattern on his bandana and hat. What's a bandana without it?! And I did not misspell "Pardner" in the sentiment! I thought this card could go to someone from my son Jack. He's 5, so some of the things he says aren't quite right! He loves to go after imaginary bad guys, and gets all his gear on, and he'll say, "Mom, I'm going after those 'roberts'! They stole your jewelry!" So, I thought this would be perfect for him! The star brads at the top are just a detail to tie in the stars on his hat and belt buckle.

Don't be a cowpoke! Get stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. This is TOOOOO stinkin' cute! I love the paisley too! AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! This is AMAZING! I love love love your card! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!