Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flopsey Easter Basket

Hi there!  Today I thought I would share something that I made just for fun, and for the MFT WSC challenge!  I got it in right before the deadline.  Not like waiting til the last minute!  LOL!  Well, not that I waited, it's just that I finally had time to work on it!  Weird how I always get stuff done when my husband is not around.  But when he's home and taking care of all the kids, I can't get anything accomplished?!  Must be that multi tasking virtue that I have!  LOL!  Even when my kids were hanging all over me, I still managed to get things done.  Amazing.  In my book, anyway!  Hahaha!

Ok, anyway, the challenge was to use the Easter Basket template that Mel McCarthy (MFT DT member) created.  I wished that I had more time, because as I was laying in my bed this morning waking up, I thought of all the things that I could have added to it.  Oh well! 





When you purchase the template (which is very inexpensive!), you get a couple different options for printing which I thought was really cool!  I decided that I wanted a woven basket.  Once I cut out all the panels, I ran them through my cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots folder.  Then I cut each piece and sponged around the edges.  I wove the pieces together and adhered them to the liner.  I adhered the corners together on the inside, and then decorated!  The lace is from an MFT kit that I purchased previously.  The grass is from an EK Success punch.  I used Gardener Flopsey for the main image, and cut out the carrot that he's carrying and put dew drops in his basket instead for Easter Eggs!

Paper:  Close to Cocoa, Green Galore, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink: Choc. Chip, Copics
Stamps: Gardener Flopsey
Embellishments: lace, grass punch, oval and scallop oval nesties, Swiss Dots embossing folder, sponge

Have a STAMPTASTIC day!!!!

4 comments:

  1. ERIN!!!!!!! Your basket is FANTASTIC! I love how you used the lace and the glittered garnishes! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww, I really love this! Perfect in my book! Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute just in time for easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, girlie! This is FANTASTIC!! I love that sweet basket - it looks as though it took you HOURS and HOURS to put together. Every detail is fabulous!! I've missed you sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!