Hi there! I am going to warn you, this project is a bit artistic and out of my normal realm of cards and scrapbook pages.
Recently, I took a ride to Michael's, and while perusing the aisles, I found watercolor paints in a tin. I picked it up and after looking at them today after I cleaned up my stamp desk, I wanted to see what I could create w/ them!
Here's the finished product!
To create this page, here's what I did:
1. I took a piece of watercolor paper and painted it blue w/ blue watercolor paint and a little water.
2. I took yellow paint and water and created the petals of the flowers.
3. I took black paint and painted the centers.
4. I took blue and yellow and made green because there wasn't a green in the tin! I painted the stems and leaves and grass on the bottom.
5. I took a black jellyroll pen and outlined the flowers, stems and leaves.
6. I took my Hexagon Grunge stencil from Donna Downey (you can purchase at eclectic Paperie!) and w/ white and blue paint painted a line of hexagons across the page.
7. Then I took some of the Hexagon dies from MFT and used the positives and negatives of the die above and below the painted line. I painted the ones above a darker blue, and the ones below a lighter blue. I added white to highlight and I mixed black and white paint to make a gray and used that as shadows.
8. I used my pen and outlined the "cloud" above the flowers. I used the stencil and made actual hexagons for "raindrops". I wrote a message on the left side set of raindrops: "Don't let rain clouds ruin your special day!"
9. I adhered it to a page in my journal and that's it!
Have a wonderful day!