Saturday, March 16, 2013

March Round Robin Cards challenge!

Hello there!  Today I would like to share w/ you a card I made for Swirlydoos Round Robin March Challenge!  The requirements were to obviously lift from the person before you, and then create a sliding element, use a frame, and use metal tape.  Well, I didn't use the metal tape, but I DID use a frame and created a sliding element!

I lifted the rounded shape of the card and scalloped layer from the person before me.
Here's what I created!




















 This is the inside of the card before I put it together.  You can see the card base and top base w/ spacer tape (I have no idea what the tape is REALLY called!), and then the ribbon layer (pencil marks; hadn't stamped them yet) and the top layer w/ frame attached.



















































And the rest of the pictures were just so you could see the different colors I used for the Awareness Ribbons.  When I was researching what colors to use, I found that there are SO MANY different ribbons!  How sad!!!!

The top panel of my card has flowers that coordinate w/ the colors of Awareness Ribbons that I stamped.
The Awareness Ribbons are from Kitchen Sink Stamps Ribbons W/ A Cause.
I used Swirlydoos flowers from previous kits, as well as paper from a past kit.  The background paper is from Kaisercraft Periwinkle Collection.
I used Spellbinders Circle and Scallop Circle dies.
The stickers to create the sentiment "love & support" are actually from this month's Swirlydoos kit from Prima.

To create each ribbon, here are my color recipes:
Red: 1. Real Red, 2. Poppy Parade, 3. Cherry Cobbler
Lime Green: 1. & 2. Green Galore; 3. Gable Green
Pink: 1. Pretty In Pink; 2. Regal Rose; 3. Melon Mambo
Purple: 1. Almost Amethyst; 2. Wisteria Wonder; 3. Elegant Eggplant
Orange: 1. Peach Parfait; 2. Pumpkin Pie; 3. Really Rust
Yellow: 1. Daffodil Delight; 2. Crushed Curry; 3. More Mustard

Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!