Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Round Robin March Scrapbook Page

I am loving participating in the Swirlydoos Round Robin challenge!  It forces me to work on a page a month!  I'm really getting into it and I LOVE IT!  The freedom to pick whatever genre I want is SO liberating!  I think working in order would burn me out!

Here we are with another page!  This one features my two older kids back in 2007 (like that was SO long ago!) and we were visiting Phipps Conservatory.  I LOVE going to Phipps!  There are SO many beautiful flowers that are artfully arranged.  They have butterflies in a couple rooms, water features, and different types of sculptures.  It's so peaceful and relaxing to walk through!

I had SO many ideas for this page, but time was against me as well as the challenge requirements, (I missed the deadline thinking mine wasn't due until THIS coming weekend.)  :(  The requirements were to use burlap, seed packets and real sticks from your backyard.  I used the first two, and wasn't venturing outside for the third!






















Below is a closeup of the "seed packet" I created.

















 Below is a picture with the flash off of my camera.  This page in real life is NOT as limey green as it's portrayed here.  It's more of a mossy green.





















Here are the ingredients:

Paper: white 12x12; Prima Firefly Coll.; white c/s; Glitz French Kiss (fence); acrylic (what each letter is stamped on for banner)
Ink: StazOn Pink; Regal Rose; Melon Mambo; Rich Razzleberry; Blushing Bride; Forest Moss; Peeled Paint; Crushed Olive; Daffodil Delight; Dusty Concord
Stamps: Kitchen Sink Stamps: Multi Step Tulip Garden & Multi Step Seed Packet
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Fence Die (really a paper rosette strip die); My Favorite Things Banner Die-namics; stencil that was hand cut, along w/ tulips above each banner; flowers from assorted kits from Swirlydoos, burlap from assorted kits from Swirlydoos

Have a great day and Happy Spring!  It's right around the corner!!!!

1 comment:

  1. what a gorgeous layout- love all the flowers & yummy texture! i'm so ready for Spring too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!