Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dr. Suess!




Over at AllyScraps, their next card challenge is to make a birthday card because today is Dr. Suess' birthday, and the challenging part is to put a rhyme on your card! I paged through my stamaps, and I came across Give Thanks (SU!) and saw the apples in the bucket. And I thought of one of my favorite Dr. Suess books "Ten Apples Up On Top". So, I thought I would do that. And then I realized that apples wouldn't make sense for a birthday card. But, what about candles?! So, I stamped and cut out some candles, and you can see them on the second picture as you withdraw the cardstock behind the frog! Just thought it would be kind of cute to see how many candles there might be! Anyway, my rhyme says: Do the birthday hop! How many candles are up on top?! So, it's kind of mirroring that book. Oh, I just remembered that I forgot to put googly eyes on the frog. I'll do that before I give it away. I may save it for either my grandfather who just turned 80, or my husband who's birthday is later this month. We'll see what else I can come up with!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!