Friday, April 25, 2008

Baroque Ribbon

Today's card was done for the Limited Supply Challenge. We had a list of things we were allowed and not allowed to use. We had to make a square card. We had to use ribbon. We could only use 1 embellishment. We had to use scraps on our card. And it could be any colors, any stamps, any tools.


So, I decided that I wanted to make a Chocolate Chip and Tempting Turquoise card. I really like those colors together. I think they compliment each other very well.

To make this card, I started out w/ my Choc. Chip paper that I cut so that my card measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. Then, I stamped my Baroque Motif stamp in T.T. craft ink onto my card. It was very dark, so I added blue/green PearlEx powder to brighten it up. Then, I added the dots, which on Splitcoast challenges, are called Faith Dots because this one stamper puts TONS of dots on her cards and of course, we all have to copy because it's such a great detail to add to our own cards! Then I was stumped as to what to do at this point! I looked at my Rockstar Stack by DCWV, and found some paper to match the T.T. I wanted to add Congrats down the strip, but I don't have any stencils that are that small. So, I thought I would do something w/ ribbon. It turned out ok. I punched a scallop circle and stamped Happy For You from Fancy Flexible Phrases. I sponged the scallop circle and the strip of paper in Choc. Chip ink. I tied the ribbons and attached the strip and that's it!
Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!