Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stacking ribbon

Yesterday's challenge on splitcoast was to stack ribbon. I have a ton of ribbon, as some of you have personally seen, but I don't have a lot of variety in widths. So, I just made a bow instead using 2 different colors! It worked! I wasn't arrested or given a warning by the challenge police!

This card was one of my "outside the box" or "outside the comfort zone" as they say. I don't usually have layers upon layers, but that seems to be the thing now. And embellishments. I don't really have a lot of embellishments. I have the usual eyelets, brads, and buttons. I have a few flowers, but I don't have anything cool. All my stuff is boring, thus the reason why my cards are boring! So, I have decided to leave my comfort zone and try new things and get out of my boring rut! I hope to make WOW cards! This one is not it, but hopefully I'm on my way!


Recipe:
Stamps: Fiskars clear acrylic from JoAnne's
Ink: Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, Perfect Plum (I think)
Paper: Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, white
Accessories: white and turqouise ribbon, souffle gel pen, black gel pen, pop up dots, eyelet setter, sponge

Thanks for stopping by!
Come back again!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!