Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sizzling!



Today I went on splitcoast, but was not really interested in the color challenge. Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, and Basic Grey. The blush blossom and groovy guave definitely aren't looking too groovy for me! So.....I needed to make our friend who is turning 30 today, a birthday card. Since he's a guy, I knew that I didn't need that "WOW" factor and could keep it simple. I've been waiting for a chance to use my ONLY guy stamp that I own, a guy called "Grillafella" from Stamping Bella.

I was working out at Curves yesterday when I came up w/ my layout and idea. Funny when inspiration hits you! So, I knew I had this Grillafella and wanted to use him, but I couldn't think of a cool sentiment. Then I thought of "Have a "Sizzling" birthday! And wha la, I had my card! I didn't get a chance to work on it until today, but oh well. It's done! I was thinking about what embellishments I could use, as I don't think I have any little hamburgers and hotdogs hanging around somewhere. I'm sure that's a shock to some of my friends! I happened to look up and spy a jar of buttons on my desk, and got the idea that I could make a button hamburger! Can you see the bun, hamburger patty, tomato and lettuce?



Colors used: Green Galore, Not Quite Navy, Basic Grey.

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!