Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gloriously Real Navy? Perhaps not!


Today's challenge on splitcoast is a color challenge. We had to use Real Red, Glorious Green and Night of Navy. It was a challenge for me, but I think I succeeded! I don't know, what do you think?
I decided to use my Wanted set from SU! since it's BRAND NEW and not even inked up yet! So, I thought I would use my paisley cuttlebug folder and make it like a bandana of sorts. So, I put a piece of white paper in my folder, and then I rolled my brayer in the Real Red ink pad, and then rolled it all over the white embossed background. That makes the pattern pop out. Then, I stamped the horses a couple different times to get the look I was going for. Then, I decided that I needed a mountain in the background. So, I drew one. It's far from perfect, but it's a mountain, so I don't care! I colored it in w/ Creamy Caramel and Going Gray markers. To blend them in, I used my aquapainter. I then drew clouds and cut them out. I used this to sponge my outlined clouds. Then I sat back and looked at my image and decided to make the horses 3-d so it looks like they're stampeding off the card! I added the green thing on the side and ribbon just to definitely utilize the Glorious Green and navy! The ribbon is non-SU!, but it's navy, so it works. Oh, and for the snow on the mountaintop, I put white puffy paint on it and heated it.


Thanks for looking!
Have a great day!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!