Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Scrapbook Pages!

Well, I have been stamping for quite a few years now and have grown as a stamper. I actually started scrapbooking before I dove into the stamping world. Once I figured out that it took far less time to make a card than to make a scrapbook page, I scrapped the scrapbooking, literally, and went into all out cards.

I am trying to get back into scrapbooking, to make an outstanding page for a design team submission, and also to get rid of the pictures that have been sitting by my desk for ages and ages! Well, 4 years at least! The thing that scares me the most is the fact that I have 4 years to chronicle, and that is looming over me like a dark cloud. But, if I can just pick and choose what I want to work on, then it's so much easier to whip up a page and be done with it. And there's no pressure! So, that's what I'm going to do! And maybe by the time my last one is in college, I'll be right on schedule again! Maybe!

Anyway, so, here are a few pages that I worked on the last two days.


This was my first page that I created. I was looking through our pictures when we spent the day in DC. I was struck by how awesome these pictures of Jack are, all by himself. Olivia was still too little to walk around with him, as he's 2 and she was just born! I used my nestabilities for the ovals and scallop ovals. I used liquid pearls for the splashes from picture to picture.


This page is just awesome! When Olivia was little, like last year!, she was in love with her hula skirt. She was ALWAYS wearing it! No matter what clothes she had on, the hula skirt went on over them! As I was looking through my pictures, I found that I had quite a few of her in different hula outfits. What a cool page to do for all the different outfits! Since I didn't leave any room for journaling, I thought I would put it behind and have a pull out page. The hula skirt was cut with my paper cutter. Then I inked it up with my Versamark pad and then heated Heat and Stick powder. Then I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over it to make it shine.



I truly love these two pages. This is my true scrapping style. It only took two other pages (above) for it to come out! I drew the pumpkins for the wagon title, made the wagons out of paper, and the tires are actually the smallest circle nestibilities (I never spell this right!) with brads for the metal rims. I also drew the pumpkins in the top page under Olivia's picture, and the pumpkin that I journaled on. The leaves are from Fall Whimsy (SU!).


And that's it so far!

Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Great pages and cute pictures.
    (hee..I think every little girl has some skirt that she is obsessed with..my three yo will not take off her ballet tutu!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!