Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ways to Use It Challenge!



Today I decided to do a challenge. I look at them daily and I end up not doing them. But today's challenge caught my eye. We had to use a color combo from a website that we frequent for color inspiration. I get weekly color combos from Kristina Werner's blog, but no where else. So, Julia, the hostess of the challenge, uses Kuler as a guide. And let me tell you, you won't go wrong going to this site! I chose Zen and Tea combo. So, to me, the colors translated to SU! colors are: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Not Quite Navy or Night of Navy, and Sage Shadow or Going Gray. I used Not Quite Navy and Sage Shadow. I thought these colors went well with Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss and Whisper White!

The stamp set is Artfully Asian. When I picked the color combo, I knew that I wanted a calm stamp, and I feel like I achieved that with Artfully Asian. I'm so glad I bought that set! I love it! The bottom layer that has the sentiment was cut with decorative scallop scissors, and then I used a 1/8" hole punch. The rest of the circles was done using Classic Large Circle nestabilities. I sponged the edges with Not Quite Navy. The white ink is White Craft and I just let it dry. I didn't emboss it. The paper piercing was done using a circle template. I needed to add some more elements besides paper, so in came the buttons! I used two different buttons, and since I couldn't find a large white button, I took a jumbo brad and painted it white. Serves the same purpose!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!