Monday, March 10, 2008

Faux Cloisonne Challenge


Today's challenge on Splitcoast was Try a New Technique - Faux Cloisonne. Where you take a glossy page, from a magazine, and stamp on it. Then cut it out and put on your card. Well, the first submission was a beautiful flower that was embossed on a flower picture. It was beautiful! So, I was inspired and started looking through all of my magazines. Unfortunately I don't have any flowery magazines anymore! All I have is PaperCrafts, and other card/stamping/scrapbooking mags. But, I did have the latest IKEA magazine! I started looking through it and found several pictures that I knew I could use! I looked through my stamp directory for just the right stamps! I decided to use Fine Frames for the clouds, and Bold Butterfly. The clouds are actually a picture of a shaggy rug. The butterflies are close ups of a pot and a stack of bath towels or rugs. The "tree" is actually a potted plant! And I used a small circle punch for the one side that's underneath the green polka dot ribbon; and a square punch for the opposite side. I added a flower from Bold Butterfly and created a background. I ran my Brocade Blue cardstock through my new Xyron 900 and made the back sticky, and stuck it to a Composition Notebook. Then I stamped and cut out the clouds and butterflies. The clouds and background flowers are stamped with Versamark and clear e.p. The butterflies are stamped with Black Craft Ink and clear e.p. I popped up the clouds and butterflies with pop up dots. I found each letter for the word "Dream" throughout the IKEA catalog.
Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!