Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fruit of the Vine

Today's challenge was a color challenge. I had to use Kraft, which is like chipboard, but the texture is just regular paper; Orchid Opulence, which I HATE this color!; and Sage Shadow, which I LOVE this color! Actually though, I really can't say that I hate Orchid Opulence, because once I started using it, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I don't know, perhaps they changed the loudness of O.O. I used it before when it was a color challenge, and it was SUPER loud! Like, shouting off the rooftops loud. So, I was afraid to use it today. But, I did, and it turned out super cute! If I do say so myself! I totally was not headed in the direction I ended up going in! Funny how that happens! Anyway, I decided to work with Blossoms Abound, since I haven't even cut the rubber yet! (gasp!) I know, I know. Usually, the day that I receive my stamps, I'm already cutting them out. Well....when you're watching 4 kids every day, it's kind of hard to get a whole lot done! And I have a whole lot of stamps to cut. Anyway, I digress.... So, I chose Blossoms Abound, and started stamping with it. Then I got the idea to go Easter with it. And that's how I got the cross. I stamped the Renewed Faith cross, but I didn't like it. It's way too scribbly. I wanted a real cross look. So, I drew my own! When all else fails and you don't have anything to use with what you're envisioning, draw it! And of course, I instantly thought of "Fruit of the vine" and has been in my head ever since! I had to write the sentiment because I couldn't get to my printer. Which, I still can't and it's already 11:38!!! Aaaaggghhh!!!!! Time's a wastin'!
So, without further ado, here's the card! Hope you like it!

Recipe:
Stamps: Blossoms Abound, Weathered background
Paper: Orchid Opulence, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel (sub. for Kraft)
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Orchid Opulence, Choc. Chip
Accessories: Scor-Pal (which this tool is TOTALLY my pal!), pop up dots, scissor edge, sponge

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!