Friday, March 7, 2008

MFT Swap

Yesterday I mailed out my 20 cards for the My Favorite Things swap that I'm involved in. I had the first ten done, and then found out Wed. night that I had to have them in the mail by Wed.!!!! I still had to get 10 more done! Aaaaggghhh!!! So, I stopped what I was doing and started working! Somehow, I was able to get all 10 done and mail them out by 4:50. Whew! What an exhausting day!

The first 10 that I had to do was "Pick a Set". So I chose Meet Me at the Cafe. I had done a card a couple weeks ago, and wanted to do the same card, however, I was barred from using any other stamp co's stamps, so I had to change the "scene". So, I decided to make the headless girls have some wine on the boardwalk! Turned out pretty good, I think! I would love to know what you think of it!

Recipe:
Stamps: Meet Me at the Cafe, By the Seashore (just the bird)
Colors used: Black, Choc. Chip, Close to Cocoa, Brocade Blue, Cameo Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Baroque Burgundy, Lavender Lace, Blush Blossom, Going Gray, Apricot Appeal, Old Olive, Vanilla
Accessories: water color crayons, aquapainter, markers, stickles, silver e.p., glossy glaze, versamark, souffle gel pen, black gel pen, ruler

The second set of 10 that I had to make was "Pick a Sketch", so I chose a previous sketch on the My Favorite Things forum that I had done a card on before. For the card above, I probably spend a whole week working on those cards, but these cards for the sketch challenge were done within 7 hours. And that's with watching and taking care of 4 kids! Talk about exhausting! But, I got them done, so it was a huge relief when I left the post office!


For this sketch challenge card, I again could only use My Favorite Things stamps, so I used By the Seashore and the dog from Meet Me at the Cafe. I also used Twisted Sentiments for the sentiment. This set is just so funny!


Anyway, I couldn't find a bone anywhere, so I had to make my own. I had to cut out 30 bones! And the ribbon w/ the hardware is to imitate the "collar" on the dog. Do you get it? And for the other dog, I stamped on vellum, and then turned it over to face the other dog that's walking. I stuck the dog through my mini xyron to make into a sticker.

Recipe:
Stamps: By the Seashore, Meet Me at the Cafe, Twisted Sentiments
Ink: black, Pretty in Pink, Really Rust, Night of Navy, Going Gray, souffle gel pen, Brocade Blue, Garden Green, Blush Blossom
Paper: white, vanilla (for the bones), Night of Navy, navy blue, Really Rust, Brocade Blue, vellum
Accessories: navy ribbon, hodgepodge hardware, pop up dots, small square punch, Liquid Applique, Q-tips (for clouds)

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!