Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Color Challenge 2-5-08 & MFT Sketch Challenge

Today's challenge, well, for me it's still Monday night! I haven't gone to bed yet! Anyway, today's challenge is to make a card using Apricot Appeal, Real Red, and Ballet Blue. Interesting combo! So, this is what I came up with, at this late hour! I figured I would get it done tonight so I can just look at everyone else's tomorrow and I don't have to rush before the kids get here in the morning to get one done and uploaded! Plus, I have a meeting tomorrow evening, so I won't get a chance to get another one in. And you know me, I have to do every single challenge! I did another one earlier for My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge. If there's a challenge, I have to do it! Speaking of My Favorite Things, they are having a cocktail party from 9-11 PM EST! Come and hang out! They are releasing 2 or 3 new sets at 10:30 that night. I'm excited to see what they come out with! I won't be purchasing any, as I am trying to pay off my credit card. If you are in the Pittsburgh area, let me know if you would be interested in having a PartyLite party! (This is how I am paying off my credit card and buying new stamps!) My email address is smetak@connecttime.net.
Anyway, here's the color challenge:

Recipe:

Stamps: Fiskars from JoAnne's (clear stamps)

Paper: Ballet Blue, Real Red, Apricot Appeal

Ink: Apricot Appeal, Real Red, Ballet Blue, silver gel pen, black, Basic Brown for depth

Accessories: paper piercer, sponge, mat pack, Real Red ribbon, silver brad, crystals, spiral punch, hole punch


This second card was literally done in like half an hour! The picture is a little foggy because I forgot to change the setting on my camera. Seriously, this thing has SO many settings! I can't keep them all straight! The sentiment is pretty crude, I know. However, My Favorite Things is coming out with a stamp set that is twisted. So, it's like a twisted play on words. So, I figured I would do the same thing. I'm talking about snowballs though! LOL!



Recipe:

Stamps: My Favorite Things - Baby, It's Cold Outside

Ink: Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue, black, Pumpkin Pie, Blush Blossom

Paper: Bordering Blue, Brocade blue, Ballet Blue, white

Accessories: ric rack from dollar bins at Target, heat and stick powder, dazzling diamonds, white puffy paint, clear stickles, aquapainter, scallop punch, snowflake folder for Cuttlebug


Thanks for visiting!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!