Friday, February 8, 2008

The Love Bug recipe

Ok, so I finally got back to my blog! I felt like I was online all day because I didn't accomplish half of what was on my list of things to do today! I didn't have any other kids today, just my own. Which is always nice and refreshing! And I wanted to do some housework, insert Mr. Yuck face here! I think all I got done was the laundry! Oh well! At least I got something done! LOL!

Anyway, back to the subject! My Love Bug! As I said yesterday, I was going to make a Bug car, and have it be a convertible so you can reach inside for the candy or whatever....but, it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to! So,my subconscience was working on the butterfly design, so I decided to just go with that. And, it worked!

Here are all the details so you could make your own!

Butterfly Wings are Colorbok Burgundy Crackle for the smaller ones, and SandyLion Cinderella Pink for the bigger ones. For the big wings, I sponged Regal Rose all around, cause you know how I like my sponges!, and then smeared Crystal Effects all over both hearts. I sprinkled some Martha Stewart glitter and wasn't getting the shimmery effect I wanted, so I sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds and it worked like a charm! Then, I put on some self adhesive rhinestones around the edges. For the smaller hearts, I Versamarked the entire heart, both of them, and then poured UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel - found at Michael's) over them and heated. Then I added more rhinestones and adhered with Crystal Effects.
For the body, I rolled up a sheet of paper. I think the dimension was 8x8. I don't remember who the co. was that made it. Wait, it's coming back to me.....Rose Stripe from Colorbok. Apparently I like their paper!

The box underneath is just a jeweler's box, that I covered in Bravo Burgundy and stamped hearts from Gina K's Design stamp set Just So Hippy in Elegant Eggplant. The inside of the box is just some Valentine-ish paper that I had in my stash. It worked perfectly for an insert!

I sticky stripped everything to everything. I love that stuff! I should buy stock in it, I buy so much of it! I buy 2 or 3 rolls at a time! And I buy it like, once a month, if not sooner! The beads on the butterfly's back is a strip of Sticky Strip, and I poured pinkish/purplish beads. It was boring, and all you could see was the hearts connected, so I wanted to hide that and make it cool.
For the eyes, I used rhinestone hearts that I have had for at least a year. I just can't get rid of those darn things!!! I got purple wire and twisted it, and made it into an antennae, and adhered it in between two 3-D dimensionals and stuck them on the inside of the rolled up body.

I don't think I missed anything!
This was such a fun challenge! I love it when I have to think outside the box! Or, think outside of my comfort zone! And I love coming up with these crazy designs! I hope they keep them coming!!!!

Anyway, that's it for now! I have to go prepare for my 3 PartyLite parties tomorrow, Sunday and Monday! Woo hoo!!!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!