Monday, February 11, 2008

Sympathy in Roses


This was actually the first card I made today for the Technique challenge. I needed to make a sympathy card, so this was perfect. Maybe a little too splashy, but oh well! Anyway, here's how I made it.
I took a piece of Kodak picture paper and sprayed with water. Then, I put droplets all over the paper in Regal Rose, Almost Amethys and Wild Wasabi Stampin' Up reinkers. Then, I took another piece of Kodak paper (which you can use regular glossy paper, but I didn't have enough, so I just used the Kodak paper. Regular photo paper that you put through your printer will work as well....) and smashed it on top the reinked paper. Once it's good and smashed, carefully lift the top sheet, and set aside. Then do the same thing again. Make sure you spray your top sheet so the colors meld together. And then the base original image gets lighter and lighter with each smashing. Then, once it's dry, you're supposed to be able to stamp right on it. However, since this was my first one, I thought I would just be able to put embossing powder on it and it will dry. NOT TRUE! However, I did put Kaleidescope embossing powder over the entire 4x6 picture and heated it and it did work. Then, I stamped the Roses in Winter with Regal Rose and Wild Wasabi, and adhered with pop up dots to card. Then, I took a regular scrap of paper and wrote out With Sympathy. I don't have any nice sympathy stamps, especially for something so little. So, I just wrote it. Then, I sponged the edges with the rose and wasabi, and then dragged each side through Choc. Chip to add depth.


Ok, enough talking!

Thanks for visiting!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!