Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fall swap card!




I think I finally have my mojo back! I was able to sit down and just think through and try some different things to make for my swap cards that are due pretty darn soon! So, I decided to look through my stamps and see if I can draw some inspiration! I found Sweet Seasons and thought about how I could incorporate that into a card. Well, here's what the picture in my head looked like! I'm so excited to have a prototype done! Now I can get started on the rest of them!

One thing that I think I'm going to change, is that I'm going to stamp either leaves or little pumpkins like they're falling off the card behind him underneath the slit that shows when you move him to the other side of the card.

I thought it really turned out well that he's facing the opposite direction from the opening of the card! That way your eye goes to the other end of the card!
(I do apologize for the background! I was just going to take a picture to show my friends, but decided to share it w/ everyone else too!)

I did watercoloring for the main image because I think it gives a slightly softer look. And I sponged all the edges, to add to the dimension and detail. Two things that I made a requirement for our swap was that we had to use brads and we had to incorporate orange somewhere. So, I achieved both requirements w/out taking away from the card! I'm so excited how it turned out!!! What do you think about it?

Thanks for stopping by!
Fall is right around the corner! Are you ready?!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!