Monday, August 18, 2008

Way to Go!


Today's challenge on splitcoast was to make an acetate box. I have been wanting to make one of these for a while now, but never found directions to make it work. Well, I got directions, but ended up doing something different! When thinking about what I could put IN the box, I thought about my daughter who actually today started potty training. Wish us lots of luck!!!! We just bought her a bunch of M&M's for a treat after each time she goes. Well, I decided to make the box for her and we'll put all of her M&M's in the box! She loves it and wants to eat all the M&M's NOW! Maybe that wasn't such a great idea?! LOL!

The directions call for 2,4,6,8 box, but when I tried to use the measurements listed, I got confused and my box was lopsided. So, I decided to use a 2,5,7,10 box and then I can add a lid! So, I scored both the acetate and the Regal Rose cardstock, and then cut the flaps off the acetate and cut the middle out of the Regal Rose. It turned out cute! There's a stamp set by Gina K. Design that is dedicated to the "potty" and I have wanted to purchase the set, but never really thought of a reason to use it! Well, I wish I had it now! So, instead I had to draw the potty myself. It works. You can all tell it's a potty, right?!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!