Friday, August 15, 2008

Rose coasters


On the Kitchen Sink Stamps website, they have the project of the month which this month is featuring cork coasters! Very cool idea!

I, on the other hand, don't have cork like that, or even know where to find it! So, I got out my dollar coasters from Target that I've been hoarding waiting until the perfect moment to use them! Well, the time as come! I wanted to use my Kitchen Sink Rose stamps. I haven't really done anything w/ the rose set, so I thought it would fit perfectly in the little windows.
The first rose I stamped, I used different color. I went Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red and Real Red. For all the leaves, I stamped the first layer in Mellow Moss stamped off. Second layer is Mellow Moss again. Then the third layer is Wild Wasabi stamped off.
I started experimenting w/ colors and what works and what doesn't. I went online and wrote down a list of colors that roses could be. When I found blush roses, I wondered how I could stamp something that soft! Well, I got my blush blossom ink pad out, and started stamping! I didn't stamp off or anything. I just kept going over the same image w/ the different layers and I LOVE how it came out!

Then I decided to try So Saffron and just used the one color!

I did Pale Plum last!

Aren't they beautiful! I want to keep them for myself!

Thanks for stopping by!

Take a visit to Kitchen Sink Stamps and fall in love!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!