Friday, August 15, 2008

Thinking outside the box!

What can I make to package cards in? Hmmmm......

Well, this stumped me for about 2 weeks. Then, today, I had a brilliant idea! Make your own box! DUH! I took out a gift box and took it apart and fashioned mine to be just like it! Except, it's a lot smaller, and the measurements are crazy! I have measurements like 9 5/8" and 7 1/8"! I am math challenged, so that was interesting! Thank God for mothers who are math teachers!!!! I have written all these measurements on my SU! mat so that I know what each "line" means! My mother took the time to spell it out for me one day! Thank God!!!

Anyway, so, the box came out exactly as I envisioned! Woo hoo! That's always a plus when that happens!

Then, my next challenge: How to decorate the top! Another Hmmmmm.... And then I decided to put a flower arrangement on there. So, all evening my mind ran the gammet of all of my current options. I settled for Kitchen Sink Stamps and the Daisy set. I have only used this set once, and I wasn't really happy w/ the results, so I wanted to try again. I'm liking the turnout this time!
I added chocolate ribbon to go w/ the base of the box. So SOMETHING matches! Maybe someday I'll make everything to match! Maybe!

And here's a picture of my measurements so that I can make it again. I hope I understand it next time!!! LOL!
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!
Happy stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!