Sunday, February 27, 2011

More VSN

Here are some more projects that I have made.  8 challenges left to do!

 For this one, we had to create something from a fairytale, your dream come true, blah blah blah....

 For this one, we had to create something based on something from our childhood that we loved and cherished.  I don't recall anything for myself, so I used Jack's Blue and created a little bed for him w/ fabric.  Because nowadays, that's where you'd find him!  Waiting to be snuggled at night!  For the elephant itself, I stamped him from It's a Jungle Out There by MFT, cut him out, and ran him through my xyron.  Then I sprinkled Blue Eyeshadow flocking on top.

 Clearly, you know what this challenge was?  Use sheet music.  Well, I used a stamp instead.  Love Nina Brackett's Vintage Borders set w/ the music notes!  Use it quite often!  I do have sheet music, but I like to hoard it!
Vellum challenge.  And had to emboss it.  Took the passage about Love is Patient, love is kind and printed it out in same color as Rich Razzleberry ribbon.  Embossed vellum w/ Manhattan Rose embossing folder.  Cut both paper and vellum w/ largest nesties in whatever label set this is.  I can't remember off hand and am too lazy to get up and look!  Hahaha!

For this challenge, we had to make something for coming into a kitchen, and we had to use a key.  So, I made an entry into my kitchen.  The doily there is an SVG file that I wanted to make into a decorative Victorian lock, but w/ the 45 min. time restraint, I just had the image cut like it was.  I made it into a gate fold card, so that when you open it up, it's like entering into my kitchen.

 
 And here's my kitchen!  Well, not really!  These utensils are based on my utensils in my kitchen.  I drew these over a month ago to use on another project but I kept getting a mental block every time I worked on it, so I just had these sitting on my desk, collecting dust.  Til now!  The oven mitts are handmade.  I sewed them together, and there's a little cotton in each one to make them puff up a little.

That's it for now!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!