Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Valentine for my sweetheart

I have been so busy w/ wedding projects for my cousin, gift certificates for my brother's girlfriend, and just the daily exhaustive life of a stay at home mom, that I have not taken time to just play w/ my stamps and create something just for me.  Last night and this morning, I took the time to do that.  And you know what?  It reminded me of why I love this hobby in the first place!  It challenges me to be better than I was yesterday, and to keep creating outside the box and of course USE YOUR STUFF!!!  I keep buying, buying, buying, and never using!  That's one of my New Years' resolutions, to use my stuff!  I buy it because I like it, so why not use it and admire it!  LOL!

Ok, so this card is based on a sketch that My Favorite Things has drawn up.  I changed it just slightly because well, I had to.  You can see the sketch HERE.  And here's my take on the sketch:



I went vintage travel with this.  My challenge to myself is to use My Favorite Things and show them in a vintage light.  It seems to be working...?


I think I'm going to give this to my husband for Valentine's Day.  He knows how much I love maps, and there clearly is no one else in the world like him!  Thank God there's only one!  LOL!
Have a nice Valentine's Day!

Here's the details:
Stamps: MFT's Going Places and Framed Greetings
Paper: My & My Big Ideas Passport, Baja Breeze (SU!)
Accessories: MFT's Spiral Notebook die & Bracket Edge die, metal brads and clips, real postage stamps

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect. I love it. You need to submit it to CARDS magazine. I know they are taking Travel cards and I believe one of their publications is looking for finished inside and out ...... Don't forget we challenged each other to submit. Time it ticking and NOPE I haven't submitted either. But I've THOUGHT about it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You guys make such a wonderful couple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!