Monday, May 26, 2008

Chocolate Shadow friendship gift bag


Today's project was done for the Color Challenge of the day on Splitcoast. We had to use Choc. Chip, Sage Shadow and Very Vanilla. Very nice elegant combo. When I think of these colors together, I think wedding. However, I'm not in a wedding kind of mood today, so I made a bag to give to someone instead. These days I don't have much inspiration or motivation! I have too many things going on!


So, I decided to use My Favorite Things Can Ya Dig It? and By the Seashore. I used the words from these two sets and the flower and pot from the first set mentioned. I just layered the choc. and the sage on top of the vanilla, which I used as a base. I used the scallop punch for the choc. and then punched it in vanilla. Before I put them together, I punched little holes in each scallop and then attached the vanilla behind so it's vanilla dots instead of stark white dots. Thought that was an innovative way of keeping w/ the color scheme. Then, I couldn't find the right sentiment, which is often my problem, so I end up mixing and matching words from different sets together to create the perfect sentiment. And this is what I did here. I used the 1 3/8 circle punch and the 1 1/4 circle punch for the sentiment. I sponged all the sage to add some definition and detail. Then added ribbon to complete the look. The bag is a cellophane bag from Michael's.


The candles are New Leaf and Aloe from PartyLite.


Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!