Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Teacher Gift





Well, this is my first of many teacher gifts! I think it turned out well! What do you think?


I was cleaning the kitchen last night and was giving my daughter Cheerio's. Well....she threw them all on the floor, so this bottle was empty. I looked at it and thought about how I could use this. I knew that I needed a gift for my son's teacher, and Staples didn't have the clear canisters that I wanted, so this would have to be my container!
I put tissue paper inside and then stuck a bunch of New Leaf and Aloe PartyLite tealights in there. I got my SU! Sale-a-Bration rub-ons out and rubbed some flowers on there to decorate the bottle because stamping on something like that is totally out of the question! Rub-ons were hard enough to do! Then, I just decorated the top and did some more rub-on's.

The card that I made doesn't really go w/ the gift, but oh well. I was looking through my SU! d.p. and found the front and back of a piece that I really liked. I cut the paper so that it went over the card and then folded back and adhered w/ brads. After I cut it first w/ decorative scissors! And I had to pull out my Garden Silhouettes! I LOVE this set! Can you tell??? I use this ALL the time!!!

Anyway, I colored the stamp w/ Regal Rose and Certainly Celery. I sponged Regal Rose around the edges and backed it w/ Certainly Celery and popped it up w/ pop up dots. The ribbon that doesn't really match is from Michael's. I thought I had Certainly Celery ribbon, but I must have used it all! Oh well, I'll have to buy more!!!

Thanks for looking!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!