Monday, May 26, 2008

A Star Studded Birthday!


This weekend we celebrated my dad's birthday! It was a surprise, and we pulled it off! Woo hoo!!!
Since my dad is military, we do a lot of red white and blue. We decided to continue the theme for his birthday. My mom and I made these cute little favors to put at each place setting. We only had to make 28. And then my sister and her boyfriend helped fill the bags while I sealed and decorated them w/ the toppers!

We used In the Stars which is a special set from the SU! Mini Catalog for the main image stamped a dozen times in Real Red and Night of Navy. Then, we actually made two different star colors to mix it up a little bit! Half of the stars at Real Red stars cut out w/ a star stencil and then blue and white star paper (unknown) was punched out of the SU! star punch (which I do have to say is smaller than I anticipated. :( ) and then navy blue ribbon behind. The othe stars, which one is shown here, has a Night of Navy star, red and white star paper from an old paper pack, and red ribbon behind.
Since we went w/ the star theme, I felt like I should carry it on for his b-day card. And what a coincidence, we had to make a masculine card for one of the challenges this week! So, I cut out a star, and folded part of it down to make the card part. I cut out the top point so that it remained a star! I popped up the next layer Real Red, which this star is eyeballed, because I don't have a star inside a star inside a star..... stencil. Then, I embossed another stamp from In the Stars w/ versamark, and then adhered on top of the ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by!
Please come back again!
Happy Stamping...In the land of the free, and the home of the brave!
Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!